Thursday 7 November 2013

13. Audience Research




I have made a video of me asking some people why they choose the music they do.
I also spoke to some girls (15 - 18) and asked them if they preferred videos that accompany the music. Over half of them said it totally depends on the mood they are in and what is going on in the video. They all agreed that if a video is to go with the music, they like diegetic sound, for example them being able to see the singer singing. One of the girls I spoke to felt very strongly that the video should be very simple to watch without a confusing plot. She felt that people should listen to music to relax and chill out, and the person watching should not be thinking too hard about the plot as it appears in front of them.
When I watch a music video, for some reason I'm put off by cartoons in them, but more so by very futuristic cartoons. This is simply because I'm unable to relate to whats going on, and therefore find it hard to engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment